Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Not My Own

I am not my own!
I am His alone!
With His blood He bought me
So now I can believe.
A new heart I have.
Given! Not one that I had.
He knew me from the beginning
Before even time began.
A heart made whole
To serve only Him again.

What is it in me that pulls me away?
This body of death, full of decay!
This heart longs to serve, please, and obey.
But this flesh.. constant in pulling away.
What can the Potter make of this clay?
Can I be molded with sin in the way?
When will I be free?
Carried away to be with Thee?
O what a day that will be!

You called my name!
Dispite my sin and shame.
Your wheel spins round. 
Steadily your hands make my shape found!
What a sculptor you are!
Patient as can be!
Somewhere in there is what you did see!

Help me to be still.
Allowing the shaping to be fulfilled.
Let this heart you gave me sing to you still!

Alone I am not. You promised to me.
Trust and obey is truly the key!
For I am yours, help me not forget,
It was your blood that paid my debt!
I belong to you now. Though I always have.
I just didn't know until my new heart began!

What a gift, what joy!
To be molded by you.
May your hands find in me
The heart that beats for thee!
What was lost, you have found.
May your praise abound!
Forever with thee,
What a joy that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment