Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Joy of Comfort

The 12 Joys of Christmas: The Joy of Comfort.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4a  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are  in any affliction, esv
Have you ever been so sick or sad that all you longed for was to be held? This feeling is most typically found in children. But if we look deep in our hearts, I believe we will find that our souls long to be held by God. Sheltered from harm and hurt.
Look close at this picture... You will see my youngest, who was extremely sick, being held by her Mom. No matter what I tried, I was unable to get my daughter to fall asleep to get the rest she disparately needed. But in less than 2 minutes, my daughter fell asleep in my wife's arms. Sometimes there is only one who can comfort us and give us what we need. God is the only one who can comfort us in any trial. Only He can heal our hurts. Only He can hold us up and carry us when our feet give out from under us. When we find ourselves in the "I cant", that is when we need to let go and let God "do". There is no greater comfort than that which is from God.


No comments:

Post a Comment