Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

A World of Love



A World of Love

Have you ever said the world needs more Love?
No matter which way we go in life,
we find trouble caused from selfish ambition
and absence of caring.

We have all heard the famous saying,
"Love is patient, Love is kind."
Some know not where it comes from.
Something that good could only come from God!

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast;
it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing,
but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things. (ESV)

I would like to concentrate on one particular part.
"It does not insist on its own way"
I truly believe if we remove our selves,
we will love others more!
We will fight less, care more, and endure.

If we are truly honest with our selves,
we should see the source of most issues is selfish ambition.
We want something and we are not getting it.
Countries go to war because they want something
the other country has, or has taken away.

What would a personal issue look like if you
removed self issues from it?
Take a look at the root of the problem,
admit the issue with the other person,
ask for forgiveness, and then listen to each other..
Real change is rooted in understanding.

I know from personal experience that I get defensive
when someone tells me I am wrong.
I selfishly want to defend and justify, instead of listening.
In these cases, I need to set myself aside
and listen to the other person.
Which I admit, is very difficult at times.

I do believe if we set aside our selves, and open our ears,
we will find ourselves being more patient and kind.
We would be more concerned about the other person,
and we would take better care of them.
And lets face it...
If we ALL thought more about the other person,
we would ALL be taking better care of each other.

Our world would be centered on LOVE!

And who wouldn't love that?!


No comments:

Post a Comment