Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Gifts from God Part 1



I'm sure you have heard a sermon on the Armor of God.
Every time I hear it, I want to elaborate on it myself.
So...
I will be starting an 8 part series on this subject. 
So hang on as we study each part,
and I will bring it all together in the final post.

Ephesians 6:11
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to 
stand against the schemes of the devil. (ESV)

For those who don't know all the pieces of armor, here is a list:
Belt of Truth
Breast Plate of Righteousness
Shoes of the Gospel of Peace
Shield of Faith
Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit
As you saw in the title, I consider these all gifts.
Which is the reason why I want to elaborate on the 
subject of each piece in an 8 part series.
Yes there is only six parts, but
it will take 8 posts to pull it all together.
I will show you in scripture how each piece is considered
a gift, which by definition, is something given.
As we look at the pieces and really understand them,
I believe we will end up better equipped to use them.

I may use Lego pictures to illustrate, but don't let
that diminish the importance of being fully dressed in this 
armor every day. Winning the battle against sin 
depends on how well dressed we are.

Thank you in advance for following me through this series.
I hope you find it as interesting and useful as I do!

Father, thank You for giving us armor, 
protection against the evil one and this world.
Grant us the discipline to wear it, use it, and hold fast to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment