Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Restart!



Restart! Reset! Renew!

Pick your favorite. Which one speaks to you?
For me?
All of the above...
Looking back at several of my past posts...
I feel like I'm preaching to myself most of the time.

So lets get real!
Life is a struggle. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever stop failing.
No matter which way I turn, there is failure. Either I'm letting down the ones I love, 
or I'm letting down my Father in heaven.
So how do we move on everyday knowing that we will fail?
The answer lies in how we define failure.
fail-ure
noun
Lack of success
Synonyms: non-fulfillment, defeat, collapse

So lets break this down a bit.

Non-fulfillment - This is all perspective based. If our eyes are fixed on the
Lord, our lives will not feel un-fulfilled.
Defeat - Being rooted in the Lord makes us "more than conquerors". 
Anything that does not go right is only a building block,
placed by the Lord to make us into His image.
Collapse - Old torn down, new built in it's place. Our lives are made
new when we accept the Lord. 
We can no longer be torn down!

I truly believe the only real failure in this life is to reject the Lord.
We will make mistakes. But that does not mean we fail!
Ask yourself if you truly believe the next verse.

 Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, 
for those who are called according to his purpose. (ESV)

All things work together for good. So our mistakes, should help us grow.
A mistake is not the same as failure.
The Father picks us up from mistakes. 
He sets us up on the path when we fall or stray.
He forgives us when we ask.
Failure is judged only by God when we stand before Him.

Have you ever tried to pick up a child who was screaming and throwing a fit? 
It's hard! Rejecting the Lord is much like that.
If we don't have Him as central in our lives, I.E. Reject Him,
 how can we expect anything good to happen?
Or, how can we even expect to understand Him when we don't know Him?

The Lord will change your life, if you will let Him.
He can take desolation, and make something new!
But you have to make the decision to have Him in your life.

There is no failure when you know the Lord, Only mistakes.
And in our mistakes, we experience:
Grace, Love, Patience, Kindness, Forgiveness.
And that's just the beginning!

Decide today where you stand.
Accept, trust, obey!
And then...
Praise God for making all things new!

No comments:

Post a Comment